Sunday, April 11, 2010

My miniature dachshund, Max, has the unusual ability to bend in any direction. I caught him sleeping on the couch one day, with the top of his head resting snugly against his spine! Laughing, I snapped a quick picture. But God had a lesson in mind. A few weeks later, our pastor approached me to see if I would be willing to change from the College & Career class I had been teaching, to another class filled with Junior High girls. I had not anticipated this change. I did not desire this change. And yet God whispered to my heart...be flexible.

Did I mention that my daughter was in the Junior High class? Oh, what a challenge! The reality of living out my testimony before my kids become much more important now that I was more than just "Mom." I was her teacher, responsible for her spiritual growth! I knew all of this before, but now...I KNEW. And again, God said, "Be flexible."

She asked questions. I mean, TOUGH questions. "How do I witness to my friends when it makes them angry? Why doesn't God just take people to heaven BEFORE they deny Him? How do I serve God in a way that's pleasing to Him all of the time?"

I knew the answer to that last one. "It's simple, Abby," I said. "Be flexible."

Jeremiah 29:11-14 (New King James Version)

11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry