Thursday, June 21, 2012

Today I'm taking a rest from author interviews to tell you about a book that I recently read. The title is A Simple Act of Gratitude How Learning to Say Thank You Changed My Life. The author is John Kralik who is now a judge in California, and the message is one that we all should take time to include in our lives.

On December 22, 2007, John's life was at a low point. His law firm was losing money, he was in the process of a second divorce, and he was almost out of money. During a hike in the mountains, he became lost. As he stumbled along the path trying to find his way home, he heard a small voice that said, "Until you learn to be grateful for the things you have, you will not receive the things you want." At the time he didn't know what the message meant, but he was sure it was for him.

When he finally arrived home, he found a thank you note in his mailbox. It was for a Christmas gift he had given someone. As he thought of how good he felt to receive that note, he decided that he would write a thank you note to someone every day for the next year.

The story of how he began his writing project and the blessings he received from it are a joy to read. If you haven't read this book, I encourage you to follow John's journey as he comes to realize how blessed he really is.

After reading this book, I felt ashamed for the complaining I do instead of thanking those I come in contact with for making my life happier. My husband and children, my siblings, the people I work with, and those who furnish their services with a smile in the restaurants, hair salons, and supermarkets I frequent are just the beginning of those to whom I need to say thank you.

How about you? Thank you--two little words. Have you said them lately?

Here's a video that I think you'll enjoy. Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments :

  1. What an undertaking! One note for 365 days. Three hundred sixty five notes...I can imagine the joy it would bring to my life to purposely take the time to say thank you to someone every day.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definately something I want to read. I too, love to write notes, but 365, Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry