Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's always exciting to have a new book to release, and I enjoy interviewing the authors who experience that. Today I wanted to take a moment to let the readers of The Borrowed Book know about a new book that I have releasing August 1.

Although this is my 12th book to release, I'm as excited as if it were the first. The idea for this book began about seven years ago, but at the time publishers had cut back on purchasing historical romance. At the time chick lit seemed to be what everybody was buying.

I put the book away and concentrated on writing mystery and suspense, but I could never get away from the dream of having this book published. I'd get it out from time to time and work on it, and then put it away again.

My agent at the time tried to sell it, but it seemed nobody was interested. In 2009 I signed with a new agent and asked her to take a look at the manuscript. With her guidance I started to rewrite the manuscript and incorporate changes that would make it stronger. Then she was able to sell Angel of the Cove in a three book contract titled Smoky Mountain Dreams Series.

The trilogy tells the story of a family who live in Cades Cove, Tennessee, a remote valley in the Smoky Mountains. The first book is about Anna Prentiss, a young girl who comes to spend the summer in the valley in 1894 and ends up remaining there as a mountain midwife and the wife of a handsome preacher.

Last week the trailer from the publisher arrived, and I'd like to share it with you. Click here to see it.

Angel of the Cove releases from Harvest House Putlishers August 1st.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry