Monday, February 11, 2013

About this Feature: Writing letters to characters and/or authors is nothing new, but here's the twist: these letters will be all about borrowing, in keeping with our blog title. They can be funny or serious, sweet or sassy, short or more in-depth. My hope is that the letters will be entertaining or inspiring to read and will show appreciation to authors - and to the Lord for giving us creativity! (You can click the button and then scroll down to read previously posted letters.)

I'll plan on sharing a letter every other week. If you'd like to submit a letter of your own to be posted here, feel free to e-mail me at amberstokes@corban.edu.

Today's letter is for Lexi, the heroine of Piece de Resistance by Sandra Byrd:


Dear Lexi,

It was great catching up on all the exciting happenings in your life! (I missed your big trip to France, but it sounds like it was quite the experience!) A few months ago, when I read about your initial after-college adventures and misadventures, I could really relate to your uncertainties and struggles to find where you belong and what you really love to do - and discover how to support yourself and find some independence. I'm still in that stage of my life, but look at you! You've gained so much confidence and really opened yourself up to God's leading. Not to mention the wonderful people you've met along the way! *wink* 

I'm inspired by your honest faith and your ingenuity. I recently started a business of my own (freelance editing - a bit different than wedding cakes, I suppose!). I love how you navigate the marketing waters! In fact, would you mind if I borrow some of your business savvy? We could meet up at Bijoux and brainstorm for a bit. I know this is still pretty new to you, too, but you've got some great ideas, and I would love a heart-to-heart chat, some friendly advice, and maybe a few cake samples... 

Sincerely,
Amber 

The first book in this series, Let Them Eat Cake, is currently FREE for Kindle! And the second and third books (Bon Appetit and Piece de Resistance) are only $.99 each for Kindle! This special deal (plus a scrumptious petit fours giveaway) lasts through Valentine's Day - a great treat for the holiday!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry