Sunday, February 27, 2011

I read an interesting article the other day.

What Does Your Pet Say About You? the headline read. The premise was simple. Pets take on the characteristics of their masters, until their temperament accurately reflects that of the owner.

“Hey, kids,” I called from the living room. “What does my pet say about me?”

“What?” they asked in unison.

“This article says the kind of pet you have says a lot about you. What does Max say about me?”

My daughter laughed, her voice echoing from the kitchen. “He says you’re angry and you don’t like people.”

We all got a good laugh out of the article, but it got me to thinking. If choosing a pet says something about me, what do I say about my Master? Does my manner and way of speaking say good things about the Lord? Do I accurately reflect my Master?

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 (New International Version)

16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry