Monday, August 29, 2011

By the time you read this post, I should be back in Oregon, getting ready to start a new semester at college as an English major - my senior year. With all the hullabaloo in my life right now in terms of transitioning and getting re-adjusted, I have yet another personal post for you. (But don't worry; I'm hoping to have some fun book reviews and such for you in weeks to come!)

For today, I don't have anything brilliant of my own to say. I'm sad to be leaving home, excited for and scared of what's to come, and ready to settle into a routine again. No matter whether you've gone through college (or are currently going through it) or not, our lives are full of change and uncertainty (from our perspective). But in light of eternity, we can rest in the certainty that God is in control and hope is real.

So here are some words of wisdom from others to encourage us today:

"It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will."
~ L.M. Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables; as found on Goodreads)

"But he'd learned long ago that a life lived without risks pretty much wasn't worth living. Life rewarded courage, even when that first step was taken neck-deep in fear."
~ Tamera Alexander (Within My Heart)

"It's the time of your life, so live it well."
~ Randy Newman ("The Time of Your Life" - song from A Bug's Life)


Remember: "To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

(Song clip from YouTube.com.)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry