Monday, October 17, 2011

What inspires you?

A powerful, emotion-packed play at the theatre?

A walk in the park on a sunny autumn day?

The tranquility of nature?

This last weekend I went to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon, and it was a rare, restful, and inspiring treat! When I first learned about the field trip, I wasn't sure if I wanted to add another thing to my schedule - but I'm so very grateful I did! Many of us writers and readers are introverts, and we don't always want to participate in social activities. Sometimes, though, they can be the very thing we need - a respite from our busy computer/book-oriented worlds that can give us new insights, new memories, new experiences, and new inspiration.

Have you had an inspiring getaway recently - whether it was a short walk, a day trip, or a vacation? What inspires you when it comes to your writing/blogging/etc.?

(More pictures/information from this field trip to be posted on my personal blog, Seasons of Humility, this Friday for anyone interested!)

2 comments :

  1. Long walks always inspire me. Our cruise vacation also stirred the embers of inspiration and got me asking the "what if" questions so inherent to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long walks and cruises - sounds good to me! :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry