Thursday, March 22, 2012

I'm delighted to have Janice Thompson at The Borrowed Book today. Janice is an award-winning author who also writes as Janice Hanna. She lives in Spring, Texas with two mischievous dachshunds. She is passionate about her faith and is always willing to share it with those around her. Welcome, Janice. I hear you have a new venture. Can you tell us about it?

Thanks for having me. I’m thrilled to share about my latest book, MAKE MONEY WRITING, which is now available from amazon for kindle users. The book, which is loaded with helpful hints for freelancers was free from March 12th – March 17th. Now it’s selling for $4.49.


Can you tell us a little about yourself and your writing experience?

Sure! I write under the names “Janice Thompson” and “Janice Hanna.” I just signed contract #79 (For QUEEN OF THE WAVES) and have written in a variety of genres, including romance, historical, contemporary, cozy mystery, juvenile fiction, non-fiction and more. I’m best known for my light-hearted contemporary novels and for my quirky characters. I’m pretty passionate about writing, and even more passionate about helping others discover their writing talents and abilities. For the past seven years I’ve worked as a full-time freelancer, earning my living with my books, teachings, articles, and write-for-hire work.

Why did you decide to write this book?

For several years now I’ve divided my time between freelance writing and teaching. So many aspiring writers discover that I’ve published several books and they come to me to ask the inevitable, “How do I get published?” question, usually followed by, “Is there really money to be made in publishing?” Over the past couple years I’ve put together several freelance writing courses to answer their questions, but I felt the need to do more, so I compiled all of my mini-teachings into one book.

Will readers get all of the same materials they would get in one of your courses?

No, the courses are very specific to their individual topics. MAKE MONEY WRITING covers a variety of areas of interest to the freelance writer, including: earning top dollar, magazine article writing, write-for-hire work, writing the novel and/or non-fiction book, the submission process, succeeding as a freelancer, and more. The book is not a textbook. Instead, it is motivational in tone and focuses on offering encouragement to freelancers and giving them basic tips for success in each of the areas listed above.

Can you tell us a little more about the book?  

Sure! It might make more sense to share some of the chapter titles because they will give you an idea of some of the topics readers will find in the book.
Earning Top Dollar
Jumping the Hurdles
In the Beginning. . .the Writer Set Goals
What Industry Pros are Saying about Goal-Setting
Write. . .for Hire!
Revolutionize Your Writing
Girls Just Wanta Have Funds
Double Your Word Count in Two Weeks
Cash in on Magazine Articles
Sync Up
Freelance Lingo
Stop, Drop and Roll (Adding the Crisis Scene)
From Mii to Wii (learning how to incorporate the “we” factor)
Make ‘Em Laugh
Elevating Your Elevator Pitch
Seven Days to Better Writing
Five Things a Writer can Learn from American Idol
Got Moxie?
Becoming a Public Speaker
Writers are from Mars, Readers are from Venus
. . .and much, much more!

What other projects are you working on?

I’m currently writing QUEEN OF THE WAVES, a novel set aboard the Titanic. Very compelling story, I must say! And I’m tickled about my upcoming release, Wedding Belles.

You mentioned your courses. Can you tell us what’s going on in that world?

Yes, thanks for asking. I’m tickled about the recent release of my Non-Fiction Writing Course. I recorded this course in the studio several months ago and had a blast doing it. I’m convinced this is the most comprehensive package I’ve ever put together. Non-Fiction writers should be able to take this course and find some degree of success building their platform, writing short pieces and fully developing a non-fiction book. There’s even information on how to pitch (and ultimately market) the non-fiction book.

Here are the ten topics within the course:
From Magazines to Books: Building Your Platform
Understanding Non-Fiction Book Types
Best Selling Topics
Compiling Your Information (Braiding the Book)
33 Tips to Strengthen Your Writing
Incorporating Fiction Techniques in Your Non-Fiction
The Submission Process
Making the Sale (Includes all aspects of the contract/sale/edits/production)
Marketing Your Book
How to Stay in the Game

As with all of my courses, this one is available online at www.freelancewritingcourses.com. 

How can readers get the kindle book?

They can follow this link to amazon.

Janice, how can readers reach you?

I love to chat with my readers! To learn more about my books, visit:

To learn more about my writing courses, including my new non-fiction course, visit:
Facebook: JaniceHannaThompson
Twitter: booksbyjanice

Thanks for taking time out from your busy schedule to drop by The Borrowed Book today. We wish you great success with your new venture.

Do you have a question you'd like to ask Janice about her new book? I'm sure she'd be glad to answer it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry