Monday, July 30, 2012

Do you ever get that feeling? Like you should be reading Shakespeare and Charles Dickens and Mark Twain, etc., etc., etc.? OK, maybe you're one of those people who reads classics all the time. (Kudos!) But reading classics doesn't generally come easy for me - I think I associate them with homework assignments. Now that I've graduated, though, and I'm not forced to read classics, I find that I do want to try to keep up some more literary reading. I really did enjoy Shakespeare and Mark Twain (maybe not Dickens as much...), and now it's up to me if I'm going to keep reading those sorts of books.

Here's where you come in! I think (hope?) that scheduling some more "Where the Past Meets the Present" posts will motivate me to read more "classics." For the month of August, I'm planning on reading some C.S. Lewis books I didn't get to in my C.S. Lewis class - Prince Caspian, The Voyage of The Dawn Treader, The Last Battle, and The Four Loves (non-fiction). And then maybe I'll get to some Shakespeare plays I haven't yet read, with some "Shakespeare in September." ;) I still have my massive Shakespeare textbook. We'll see how it goes!

Oh, and then there's those two Agatha Christie books I own that I have yet to read...

How about you? Are there any classics you haven't read that you want to get to sometime? Are there any classics you'd like to discuss in the "Where the Past Meets the Present" feature?

And if you missed them, feel free to check out my previous "Where the Past Meets the Present" posts:

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry