Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sometimes, in the middle of life’s craziness, you just have to stop and say ...

Thank You, Lord.

It isn’t just the trials that should drive us to our knees. The blessings should, as well.

Thank You, Lord, that You were merciful to me, a sinner.

That You gave me a home life growing up, that while not perfect, gave me a measure of sanity and stability. A daddy who, in the face of the abuse of others, showed me what honor and integrity looked like. A mother who encouraged my fledgling writing efforts and gave me room to dream and spin words.

That You brought me together with a young man who was intelligent and capable and hardworking and can fix nearly anything. Who was crazy about me. Who has chosen love over and over across the years, through sorrow and hurt and disappointment. And that You’ve kept us together for more than a quarter century.

And thank You for the children You’ve given us. For those who have grown straight and tall, and show so much promise of doing great things despite their wild childhood years. For those who are still growing. Even, and maybe especially, for the one You took back ... for that painful reminder of how precious life really is.

For the promise that all those who have crossed through the veil to You are indeed “safe in the arms of Jesus,” and that we’ll meet again.

For friends, and acquaintances and extended family, near and far. For the blessing we can be in each other’s lives. For the “iron sharpens iron” effect, as well, although that isn’t nearly as much fun.

For meeting our material needs. A job for my husband that provides quite well for us at the moment. A house, that while may not feel like “enough” at times, is far better than what people in so many other countries enjoy. Vehicles in good repair, nice clothing, more than enough food. (...heavens, yes, more than enough.)

For relative health. For grace and peace to deal with the issues that are there. For grace and peace to deal with everything, for that matter. And for Your mercy. (Did I mention your mercy?)

For the incredible joy of music and art, of color and light and motion. For the privilege of weaving words together for You.

I deserve none of these, Lord. I especially don’t deserve the knowledge that all my wrongs are covered, that I am one of Your favored ones, that You love me and care for me and never leave me. Ever.

I do not deserve You. But I am so very grateful that You’ve given me Yourself.

Thank You, Lord.

“...I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” (Genesis 15:1b)

Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
2 While I live I will praise the Lord;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. (Psalm 146, all NKJV)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry