Thursday, October 16, 2014

A writer, especially a Christian writer, makes loads of money and can afford to be chauffered around and someone else clean her house and make the meals. A published writer also makes so much money he or she does not need another job to pay the bills.

Laughing out loud.

Here’s another one for you:

A Christian writer only writes happy stories because their lives are so blessed and easy they never suffer.

I’m not laughing quite so loud now.

If it weren’t for the compulsion that the Lord placed on my heart—to write stories that will inspire people to follow Him, I could find a ton of other things to do. Life might even be a little easier. I might not be so tired.

Writing is hard. It’s time consuming, it takes commitment. Especially when you are also a real-life person in your family.

The people I love are complex human beings. Even though my husband and I have tried to be good Christian examples over the years, some of our loved ones have made choices that have brought them great pain. In fact, my own poor choices brought me a great deal of anguish such as getting pregnant out of wedlock as a young woman and reliquishing my first child to adoption. But, those experiences help me get inside my character’s head when she longs for a child that is not her own in Shadowed in Silk.

So all that lovely pain was not without a wonderful purpose.

I guess that’s why I write about characters who suffer from loneliness and depression because I see this in several of my family members and is one of the themes in my book Captured by Moonlight. How about the subject of growing up with an alcoholic father—that features heavily in Shadowed in Silk and even more so in Veiled at Midnight?

Writers write from the heart, but especially Christian writers.

Veiled at Midnight has been a special book for me. I wrote it while watching my young brother recover from alcoholism. At first glance readers might be turned off by a book, where one of the characters is a young man who drinks too much, but let’s keep in mind that a novel has multiple layers.

I for one hate reading a book that depresses me. But I also don’t care for a book that doesn’t have big stakes. I don’t care for books where nothing much happens. And if something in life is worth big stakes, you can be sure the loss of it will hurt big time. The only good thing about the pain in my life as I’ve said before is what it teaches us. How the Lord uses pain to show us a deeper glimpse of Himself.

That’s why I love novels that take the characters through pain, but…and here’s the thing…hope must glimmer on every single page.  Because even though my life is far from easy—and I’d bet the fictitious family farm that your life is tough too—I believe in a great God who turns the dark valleys into mountaintop experiences.

I believe in happy endings. And I will always write a happy ending, that’s my promise to my readers.

So as Veiled at Midnight is released, it’s with a lot of joy, because not only does my character gain victory over his personal dragon, so too did my real life brother, Steve.

Veiled at Midnight is the happy ending to a three book series. It is the passionate and explosive finale to the end of the British Empire.

VEILED AT MIDNIGHT by Christine Lindsay


The Partition of India has sent millions fleeing to the roads, and caught up in its turbulent wake, Captain Cam Fraser, his sister Miriam, and the beautiful Indian Dassah. 

Cam has never been able to put Dassah from his mind, ever since they played together at the mission as children. But a British officer and the aide to the last viceroy can't marry a poor Indian girl, can he?

As this becomes clear to Dassah what choice does she have but to run. Cam may hold her heart, but she cannot let him break it again.   

Miriam rails against the separation of the land of her birth, and as British forces will soon leave India, she struggles--is Lieutenant Colonel Jack Sunderland her soulmate, or a distraction from what God has called her to do?  

ABOUT CHRISTINE LINDSAY:

Stories of Christine Lindsay’s ancestors who served in the British Cavalry in Colonial India inspired her multi-award-winning, historical series Twilight of the British Raj, Book 1 Shadowed in Silk, Book 2 Captured by Moonlight. The third and final book Veiled at Midnight to that series is releasing October 15, 2014.

Christine makes her home on the west coast of Canada with her husband and their grown up family. Her cat Scottie is chief editor on all Christine’s books.

CONNECT WITH CHRISTINE:

Please drop by Christine’s website http://www.christinelindsay.com/ or follow her on Twitter and be her friend on Pinterest , and  Goodreads

Make sure to stop by tomorrow, when you can enter to win a free copy of Veiled at Midnight!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry