Monday, April 13, 2015

Revell, 2014
BACK COVER: You never know what you're really made of until you lose everything. Texas socialite Claire Massey is living the dream--designer clothes, luxury cars, stunning homes. But everything comes crashing down when her charming cattle broker husband is arrested for fraud. Suddenly she finds herself facing attorneys, a media frenzy, and a trail of broken hearts. Betrayed and humiliated, Claire must face incredible odds to save her family—and discover a life worth living.

REVIEW: I was intrigued by the premise of Kellie Coates Gilbert’s novel, A Woman of Fortune. Having read her debut novel, I knew the writing would be outstanding, but I was curious if the storyline would be strong enough to keep me engaged. After all, a billionaire socialite who falls on hard times was hardly something I thought would snag me by the heartstrings. However, this book was so much more! Gilbert takes a hard look at the inner workings of a family struggling to find their way back to each other. She examines the heart of the main character, Claire Massey, and forces the reader to look at their own beliefs and prejudices. This was a complex, intriguing read, well worth the afternoon it took me to read it (because I couldn’t put it down!). I highly recommend it!

 Review by Elizabeth Ludwig

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry