Thursday, August 29, 2013

1) Have you always wanted to be an author? If not, what made you decide to write, and how long have you been at it? 
I started writing really horrible stuff in eighth grade. Fortunately God fine-tuned me. Hopefully the work is better now. I’ve been actively writing for 21 years, took the craft serious for about 6 years (that’s when I realized you needed to write well to get noticed).

2) Have you ever had a funny experience connected with being an author? For instance, has someone ever overheard you discussing the merits of one murder weapon over another or caught you shooting at a can of gasoline to see if you could make it explode? 
Oh, yes. When I was in physical therapy for one of my 25 sprained ankles (way too much karate and soccer), I spoke with the therapist, Mark, about a good way to kill someone using a P.T. technique. About the same time, I was interviewing for a position with a physical therapy company. He reminded me not to mention that I wanted to kill people using P. T. in the interview. However, I did tell the story to the administrator, who I believe hired me because of it. She couldn’t stop laughing!

3) What do you love about being a writer, and what do you like the least? 
Getting the ideas from my head to the paper. Marketing would be the low point of this life. And I know I’m not alone in that.

4) Are you a plotter, a pantser, or a combination? 
Panster! I like for the characters to be able to change who they are. With a plot, that isn’t always possible. I only know them a little bit when I start out. They teach me who they are as we go along.

5) Do you write full time, or do you work it in alongside a full-time job? 
Write and agent full time. For a while I tried to work in the clinic a couple days a week, but once I became an agent, that was impossible, so I retired from that fully in August of this year. Woohoo! Now, I’m only working about 50-55 hours a week. Almost like being on vacation.

6) What do your kids think about your being a writer? 
They are my biggest supporters.

7) How do you get your best ideas? 
I let the crazy people in my head tell me what to write. C-R-E-E-P-Y!

8) What do you do to get past writer’s block? 
I don’t get it. If one story slows at all, before I get frustrated, I move to something else for a while. Or chocolate!

9) What’s your favorite method for keeping a story’s middle from sagging? 
I have trouble there, but again, I simply move to another project for a few days then return, refreshed.

10) Do you write every day? What does your typical writing day look like? 
I wake up, walk at the track, have my iced coffee shake, and check emails. After a few minutes there, I work on my clients’ material. Then a short break, work on my writing, and then to my clients again. I finish late at night on my own writing. It’s about a 2-1 split. The clients winning by far.

11) Do you like to listen to music when you write? 
No, I need noise. Lots of noise. So I have a small TV in my office that runs almost all day long (helps to drown out all those folks yakking in my head, lol)

12)  Writing is a sedentary occupation. What do you do for exercise?
I walk every morning at the old high school track behind my house. Starts my day with prayer, beauty, and wheezing. haha

13) Do you have any pets? Do you own them, or they you? 
A cat we inherited from our daughter and her husband when they went away to school. Now she’s ours, or should I say, we’re hers. She definitely rules the roost.

14) What fun fact would you like your readers to know about you? 
I love to laugh. I like to read humor, write humor, even in intense novels, I like to have bits of humor. And…I’m a size 6 woman trapped in a size 12 body! If stress were calories, I’ll be a size 0!


How about that for starters?

Thank you, Linda, for stopping by to visit us at The Borrowed Book!



Readers, don't forget to stop by tomorrow, when you can enter to win a free copy of Linda's latest release, The Substitute Bride.

2 comments :

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this interview, Linda! Your answers made me laugh, and since I love to laugh I'm sure I'd love your books. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, thank you so much for sharing your writing and humor with us. Great article!

    ReplyDelete

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry