Sunday, September 15, 2013

Once again
I walk to the edge of the cliff
Knowing the vertigo may overpower me
Still I flirt with the dizziness
As I peer down
At the tangle of rocks
Punctuated by an occasional tree
Which makes up the side of this mountain
I weigh the benefits
Of letting myself take the tumble
Tired ...
So tired ...
Of the climb...
So much easier
Just to let go
And let the vertigo take me
Does anyone really
Expect I’ll make it to the top
Anyway?

Once again
You gently step to my side
Tuck my hand in Yours
Lead me away from the edge
Back to the path
Ashamed
I can hardly look up
Yet Your eyes catch mine
“You would not survive the fall”
Comes Your whisper

Once again
I know
That You would not have chosen me
If You were not prepared
To empower me
To reach the top
So I suppose
You’ve shown me
How to keep on walking ...

Once again

Blessed is the man whose strength is in You,
Whose heart is set on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
They make it a spring;
The rain also covers it with pools.
They go from strength to strength;
Each one appears before God in Zion. (Psalm 84, NKJV)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry