Thursday, October 17, 2013

Today we talk to Gail Sattler, author of more than two dozen books, and ask her some friendly questions. Moreover, she's gracious enough to answer them!

You have quite a few titles to your credit. What do you love about being a writer, and what do you like the least?
I love making up stories and following them through to the end.  It’s as simple as that. When I was a child, different teachers often told my mother I had an active imagination. It’s great still being able to put that active imagination as an adult.  And make money at it.
  
Do you write full time, or do you work it in alongside a full-time job?
I have a full time day-job, plus I’m in 2 bands, so my writing has to fit somewhere in between all those, and still meet my deadlines.  The solution to that is that I don’t do housework. My family of my husband and three sons are very supportive and they do almost all of the domestic duties. It’s unusual, but it works for us. Because of this, my three sons will make very good husbands one day.

You're quite the schemer! Your daughters-in-law will thank you one day. So what do your kids think about your being a writer?
Famous words around my house when the kids were little were “Mommy’s on a deadline”, and this meant they had to behave. It wasn’t until they got older that they realized none of their friends’ mothers did that kind of thing.  I don’t think they thought anything of it at the time. Now they’re quite proud to announce what I do, and they sometimes use my books to impress the girls.

On an unrelated note, do you like to listen to music when you write?
Never. As a musician I find music distracting when I’m trying to focus. I do my best work in complete silence around me.

I share your opinion on that. In this busy household of yours, do you have any pets? If so, do you own them, or they you?
I have 2 dogs and a lizard. I don’t think anyone owns anyone else, but we definitely meld into each other’s patterns, and if someone breaks that pattern, either human or canine, one lets the other know it. Every morning before work the dogs follow their pattern until I give them their morning biscuit or they won’t leave me alone, and every Saturday I share a banana with the lizard.

A pet lizard? That's different! What other fun fact would you like your readers to know about you?

I love to color my hair – burgundy.

Thank you, Gail. It's been a pleasure to have you here on The Borrowed Book. 

Gail Sattler lives in Vancouver BC (Canada, eh!) with her husband, three sons, two dogs, and a lizard who is quite cuddly for a reptile. When she's not writing, Gail plays piano for her church's worship team, electric bass for a local jazz band, and acoustic bass for a community orchestra. When she's not writing or making music, Gail likes to sit back with a hot coffee and read a book written by someone else.

She doesn't twitter but has a Facebook page.
Her website - www.gailsattler.com
Book site - www.mennonitefiction.com

Facebook page for the Bloomfield Series - www.facbook.com/bloomfieldclub
If you like Where's Waldo, try to Go Get Gnorman - www.gogetgnorman.com





Don't forget to stop by tomorrow to enter to win a free copy of Gail's latest release, The Path to Piney Meadows!


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry