Thursday, August 13, 2015

By Kimberly Rose Johnson

Kimberly Rose Johnson
I am easily distracted and as a writer that can be difficult especially in the summer when the kids are off of school. This past summer has been extra challenging because I had an unexpected tight deadline and I couldn’t be distracted. I had two weeks to write the last half of a book due to a scheduling issue with my editor.

I’ve always been good at time management, and realized if I got up and wrote first thing in the morning, skipping all my other daily rituals, except reading my Bible, then I would have approximately three hours of distraction free silence before my teenage son got out of bed. I’m a creature of habit, so this wasn’t easy, but I did it. I had the book finished with a couple of days to spare!

Because overcoming distractions is a daily issue for me, I’ve learned other methods to cope. I’ve been know to put ear buds on and tune out what’s going on around me, but lol the songs can’t have words because that would distract me. I’ve also sequestered myself in my bedroom until I’ve met my deadline. The other thing that I found that worked well, was explaining to my boys, when they were younger, that I had a deadline and as soon as I met that deadline, life will go back to normal. They understood that and gave me my space for the most part. :-)

Finally, distractions are a part of daily life that come on the form of laundry, ringing phones, pets, social media . . . the list is endless, but with a plan you too can overcome the distractions that eat away at your writing time. I encourage you to make a plan and stick with it for a week, then evaluate how it went. Did it work, or do you need to try something different? If I, the queen of being distracted, can do it then so can you. :-)

Kimberly’s Bio: Kimberly Rose Johnson holds a degree in Behavioral Science from Northwest University. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, two teenage sons, and their yellow lab. She writes sweet Christian romance and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She enjoys taking long walks with her husband and dog, reading, dark chocolate and time with friends. You may contact Kimberly at:

Website: http://kimberlyrjohnson.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyRoseJohnson 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kimberlyrosejoh
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/krose1990

Kimberly’s latest release is Island Dreams:

Mountain Brook Ink, 2015
Piper Hunt arrives on Wildflower Island to develop family property into an upscale resort knowing this may be her last chance to prove her worth to her father. With grandiose ideas, she soon finds herself at odds with adjoining property owner, Chase Grayson. As she begins to appreciate the simplicity of the island, she struggles to maintain balance between her father's wishes, preserving the natural beauty of the island, and her attraction for Chase.

Chase Grayson values the peace and quiet of Wildflower Island. That serenity is threatened when Piper Hunt discloses her plans to develop an upscale resort that not only butts up to his property, but will turn the island into a busy tourist destination. In fighting her plans, he also finds himself fighting his attraction to her. If he doesn't stop her plans for the resort, his life will be altered forever. If he succeeds, it means he will never see her again. Can he live with either choice?

Buy link for Island Dreams:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Island-Dreams-Wildflower-Romance-Book-ebook/dp/B00XYYRP66

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry