Sunday, November 21, 2010

’Tis the season. . .for showing appreciation.

Max never fails to let me know how happy he is with a new toy, or when I fill his bowl with fresh water, or when I give him a doggie treat. He jumps up, tail wagging furiously until I think he’ll knock himself down he’s shaking so hard. All of these things seem so minor, so insignificant, and yet he never fails to show me how much he appreciates me.

God, on the other hand, takes care of the big things—like food, clothing, and shelter. He gives me health and happiness. He provides for my every need and most of my wants. He showers me with love and mercy. Most of all, this time of year I remember how He gave me the greatest gift of all. . .eternal life through the precious gift of His Son. How can I fail to show appreciation to the One who gave me so much?

Easy, so it seems.

I get wrapped up in the holidays (pun intended) and let my love for the Savior fall to the wayside. I busy myself with musicals and Christmas cards. I worry about gifts and presents and baked goods, and only briefly remember to pause long enough to show my appreciation for Jesus.

So this holiday, I’ve decided to do things a little differently. I’m listening more and worrying less. I’m keeping my eyes open for signs of Christ this Christmas. More importantly. . .I’m stopping to say thanks.


Luke 17:11-19 (New King James Version)

Ten Lepers Cleansed

11 Now it happened as He went to Jerusalem that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. 12 Then as He entered a certain village, there met Him ten men who were lepers, who stood afar off. 13 And they lifted up their voices and said, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!”

14 So when He saw them, He said to them, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And so it was that as they went, they were cleansed.

15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, 16 and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan.

17 So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?

18 Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” 19 And He said to him, “Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you well.”

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry