Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I watched an interesting movie last night, called Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (starring Tom Hanks, Sandra Bullock, and Thomas Horn). I had resisted watching this movie. Knowing the content, I was reluctant to relive the tragic unfolding of 9/11, especially through the eyes of an eleven-year-old boy. Still, it seemed fitting that on the eve of the event, I should be compelled to see the movie at last.

I'm glad I did.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is the story of Oskar Schell, a young boy who finds a key in his father's belongings and sets off on a quest across New York City to find the lock it opens. Along the way, this troubled boy comes to grips with the tragedy that claimed the life of his beloved father and learns how 9/11 impacted not only his life, but the lives of others.

Apart from stirring up memories, the movie reminded me of the real effect of 9/11...of the families...and the country...that would be forever changed. Fittingly, today has been renamed Patriot Day, in observance of those who were injured or killed during the terroist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001.

May we never forget...

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Followers

Categories

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Historical Romantic Suspense

Historical Romance

Comments

Comments

Popular Posts

Guest Registry